Giving Bach to Saint Louis Youth – Education & Outreach
Congratulations to Our 2016-17 Scholars!
Olivia Gregory (Troy, IL) and Trevor Scott (St.Louis, MO)
Scholarship and Mentoring Program
This mentorship and scholarship program is for high school students who desire to pursue a career in music. Two (2) award recipients will be given behind-the-scenes access to private dress rehearsals and will receive free tickets to Bach Society concerts. Students will meet and shadow Bach Society singers, orchestra members, professional soloists, Young Artists, and the Conductor to observe the day-to-day activities of successful musicians. Additionally, the student will be awarded a scholarship to use toward college expenses.
A Comprehensive Mentorship Opportunity:
– Two complimentary season tickets to the Bach Society of Saint Louis’ concert season
– One-on-one tailored mentoring/shadowing opportunities with Bach Society musicians, including voice and conducting lessons
– Observation of choral or instrumental rehearsals
– A $500 scholarship towards college tuition or expenses, awarded during the concert season
– You must be a high school sophomore, junior, or senior during the current school year.
– You should attend a high school within a 60-mile radius of St. Louis city.
– You must submit all required materials via mail by the deadline.
Please Submit the Following by June 30, 2016:
– 500-word, typed essay
– A letter of recommendation
– Application Form (PDF download below)
Bach Society of Saint Louis
Attn: Adrienne Stockley
3547 Olive St #120
Saint Louis, MO 63103-1024
Past Giving Bach Scholar Recipients:
2015-16 Danielle Boulanger (Highland, IL), Elizabeth Grossman (Clayton, MO)