Our scholarship program is an intensive choral experience for high school juniors or seniors who wish to pursue music studies at the collegiate level. It includes:
– Engagement and personalized mentoring opportunities with our musicians and soloists
– Private lessons and training with our staff
– Behind-the-scenes access to dress rehearsals
– Participation in chorus rehearsals
– Complimentary tickets to select current season events
– $500 cash award
– You must be a high school junior or senior during the current school year.
– You must submit all required materials online by 11:59pm, Friday, November 9th, 2018.
– NOTE: Most Bach Society concerts are on Sundays, and other activities are mostly on Monday evenings. Please consider your extracurricular schedule when applying.
Online Application Components/Information:
– Your online application is due by 11:59pm, Friday, November 9, 2018.
– Please submit ONE letter of reference via email from a music teacher or private instructor, who is not related to you. Your teacher/instructor must email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm, Friday, November 9, 2018.
– Please upload to your application a typed, double-spaced essay of 500 words minimum with your name at the top, answering the question: “How has music impacted you personally as a high school student, and how do you hope it will continue to shape your future in college and beyond?”
– Optional: you are invited to upload a resume listing your accomplishments or other information.
Please contact email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
Past Giving Bach Scholar Recipients:
2017-18 Hannah Donaldson (St. Louis, MO) and Milana Gurt (St. Louis, MO)
2016-17 Trevor Scott (St. Louis, MO) and Olivia Rey Gregory (Troy, IL)
2015-16 Danielle Boulanger (Highland, IL) and Elizabeth Grossman (Clayton, MO)